Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, on our way to Dover, in order to go to the continent on

Customer Question

Hi, on our way to Dover, in order to go to the continent on the ferry, we got a warning
sign (spanner) on the clock and at the same time lost power.
We just about managed to get over Dover Hill.
The warning said as well to have injectors checked.
I called the RAC and the man thought it was something to do with EGR valve but could not help us. After a while everything went back to normal but driving back to Margate the same warning appeared. Once home All was well again.
What can it be? We drive a Renault Grand Modus (58) Diesel.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question. The issue that you are describing is consistent with the in tank fuel pump loosing prime which will cause the injector warning to come on from fuel restriction. Because this does not happen constantly would indicate the pump is electrically shorting and has not failed. The first step I would suggest is to have the vehicle scanned for trouble codes and the fuel pressure tested.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

I will just have to take it to a garage and hope for the best.

No problem thank you.
You can respond back to this question after rating positive if you need further assistance and I will help you. Thanks again.