Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

1990 Continental. In S of France (hot) has been overheating,

Customer Question

1990 Continental. In S of France (hot) has been overheating, and had to refill radiator occasionally. Electrics have started doing a few strange things.... Windscreen wipers came on without asking. Then today, I was unable to put roof down, (sorted itself out later) then ( and still) cannot put all windows up. Checked fuses, all ok.
Any thoughts??
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
The issue that you are describing and everything that is affected is consistent with a bad ground to the vehicle. What I would suggest as a first step is to check the battery cable ends,the cables leading from the battery to the alternator and the cables leading to the starter. Look for any loose,corroded,or frayed wires. If this all checks out,check the harness leading to the under good fuse block and inside of the vehicle.