dansgarage1
dansgarage1, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  I have a gnvq level 3 in light vehicle maintance and repair and also a diploma
74699650

how much to take an alarm system out. The mechanic said it

Customer Question

how much to take an alarm system out. The mechanic said it wasnt factory fitted even though it was 3 years old when i bought it (hyundai coupe 04) he has charged me 700 so now my car doesnt have an alarm system now. When the last mechanic (ive had 3) turned the car on the lights, alarm etc all on. Thought it may have been the imobiliser.

Denise

Category: Car
Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 4 years ago.

If the alarm was not factory fitted that should take 1 day maximum to remove its just a case of chasing wires and cutting them out this job should really have cost no more than £300 for a non factory fitted alarm removal

If you would like to add more information please let me know

Many Thanks

Dan