dansgarage1, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  I have a gnvq level 3 in light vehicle maintance and repair and also a diploma

I have purchased a 2010 Skoda Octavia. When I have been driving

Customer Question

I have purchased a 2010 Skoda Octavia. When I have been driving a journey and then stop the car it is as if the turbo fan cuts in with intensity and can continue for 1 - 2 minutes. Is this normal or does it suggest there is something wrong? What is your advice?

Category: Car
Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 3 years ago.

I am Dan and many thanks for your question

I used to work for Skoda but no longer have access to the computer to check your model but I can still answer your question

Some VAG group cars are fitted with a water cooled turbo to check this you can see if you have water pipes going into your turbo.. if you do this is perfectly normal as the water gets pumped around the turbo to cool it down for about 2 mins after the car is turned of this is perfectly normal and actually a very good design they should do it on every model but the don't unfortunately, I am sure this is the noise your talking about as I have heard it many times and know exactly what your on about and its perfectly normal and safe

Many Thanks for your question and if I can assist further please let me know