Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

I have a Landrover Freelander 2054 automatic. It has just

Customer Question

I have a Landrover Freelander 2054 automatic. It has just had new fuel injectors and new turbo fitted costing £2000. I collected it from the garage today it can barely get above 50mph and smoke comes out of the exhaust. It is clearly not right or driveable. What could be wrong with it now?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

Hello. My name is Mark and I hope I can help you.

The first thing I need to ask is why were the turbo and injectors replaced. If it was because the problem was the same as you have now then clearly the garage have not done their job properly and should now resolve the problem at no cost to you.

If it were you that asked for the turbo and injectors to be replaced because you had been told they were faulty or you had read somewhere that was the most likely cause then the garage are not liable and entitled to charge for further testing to establish the true cause of the fault and also for any parts that are required and fitting charges.

Mark.