Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Headlights wont work on dip

Customer Question

My offside headlight is not working on dip, I tried a new bulb but it is no different I tried the bulb from the nearside headlight and now neither of them work on dip. The fuses are all fine, any clues?

Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have solved this problem but I do have another question. Will the oil sump (top and bottom sections) from my 99 2.4 v6 A4 (T485 EUA) fit on my 95 2.6 v6 A4 (N29 YRM), or are they incompatible?

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

The oil sump on the 2.6 takes more oil, and is bigger. I'm afraid that these will not fit.

Regards, Billy
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think you might be wrong, I am going to check further before I give you feed-back

Expert:  Billy replied 4 years ago.

I've seen many of these, and they usually never fit (swap). However, if you can get me the engine codes for both engines (should be something like: ABC, ACZ etc..) i would be able to confirm using the part number search.

Regards, Billy