Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

what part is required for hyundai terracan fault code P111

Customer Question

what part is required for hyundai terracan fault code P1119
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 4 years ago.

techmachine :

Hi, welcome to Just answer! My name is Ross and i will help with your question

P1119 is related to fuel metering -- Its not uncommon on these engines and i have seen it several times. Its caused by incorrect fuel pressure at the fuel rail or pressure sensor, unfortunately there is more than one possible cause so further diagnostics should be carried out.

It can be caused by the fuel pump pressure dropping off caused by a faulty fuel pump, the pumps can fail internally and push metal swarf into the high pressure fuel system, this is the most common cause of this fault. I have had a few injectors cause this problem though so a leak off test should be carried out on the injectors to see if there are any signs of faults here, if not the fuel pump is the likely suspect.