Rob
Rob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years trade experience
16305601

The Windscreen wipers on my Renault Clio Dynamique (51 plate)

Customer Question

The Windscreen wipers on my Renault Clio Dynamique (51 plate) have stopped working. The rear wipers still operate fine. I have checked the wiper fuse and that is still intact. Any suggestions on what to check next to get the wipers working again?
Category: Car
Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome to just answer.

I am sorry that you have had no help with this problem yet .

This is a common enough problem on this model and i fit a lot of new wiper motors.

firstly the problem is caused by water not draining away under in the scuttle panel .

this is below the plastic trim where your wiper arms sit.

there are 2 drain holes on either end that get blocked with leaves etc this causes the water level to rise to the level of the wiper motor and the ingress of water causes the malfunction and will need replacing.

as the wiper arms need to be removed to get access to the motor it is advised that you remove the rubber trim around both drain holes so as not to have this fault occur again.

If you need any more help on this please ask.

regards rob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your reply Rob. But the answer wasn't quick enough to arrive and I had to call out the AA. As noted by your apology you acknowledge the delay. I had specified that the answer was urgent and that I required high detail.
Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

Hi I am sorry I have not pleased you with my answer and would ask why ,

the information I give is very accurate and am a little confuse d for the negative rating.

regards rob

sorry Gordon I have only just received your reply.

I would ask you withdraw your rating and I will request a refund for you .

regards rob