Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a MB CLK 230K Auto, 98 plate. Just had it serviced a

Customer Question

I have a MB CLK 230K Auto, 98 plate. Just had it serviced a week ago, driven it twice without problems but now the car starts & idles fine but when I select drive it starts to shake and feels like its misfiring with hardly any acceleration. Any ideas?

Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
What type of serviced was performed?
Also are there any warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just had oil/fluids change as it was a full service done last year. No warning lights on at all.

Ok the issue that you are describing and the fact that this happens when the vehicle is in gear is consistent with a vacuum line that has popped free and the vehicle is sucking air. What I would suggest as a first step is to have the vacuum lines checked around the intake manifold and leading to the gear box.