Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Can someone tell me how to test and remove the radiator fans

Customer Question

Can someone tell me how to test and remove the radiator fans for an MK 5 Golf
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes but need one quite soon

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Don't you have mechanics?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can either return your good faith deposit to the original funding source, or we can keep your deposit on your account here for future questions.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question. I'm sorry you have had to wait so long.
To test the fans turn the key to the on position but do not crank the vehicle. Push in the a/c button and turn the a/c control to position 1 open the hood and both fans should be running.

To remove the fans.

The passenger fan comes out through the bottom and the drivers fan comes out of the top.
They are held in by torx head bolts. For the drivers side you just remove the fan harness and the bolts and slide it out of the top. For the passenger fan the bottom engine cover battery and the battery tray has to come off then remove the bolts and harness and slide it out of the bottom. Of course the vehicle has to be raised for this. Another way you can test the fans is with a volt meter at the harness. There should be 12 volts with the key in the on position and the a/c on.