Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560
Car

how to get the immobiliser code for a Peugeot 206

Category: Car
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
replied 3 years ago.

nabilc :

Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this.

nabilc :

Have you tried starting using a second key (spare key if available)?

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

yes

nabilc :

and you still get the same problem?

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

same one

nabilc :

is the engine cranking? starter operating?

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

yes its cranking but start

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

wont start

nabilc :

do you have any warning light on, flashing (stop! warning) etc..?

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

no

nabilc :

did you check for any blown fuses?

nabilc :

and did this happen after a service or other...or just started suddnly?

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

yes all is ok

nabilc :

did this happen after a service or other...or just started suddenly?

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

park up on Monday then would start today

nabilc :

ok

nabilc :

This could be the immobilizer... or even the engine control module (or the central electronics box), either way, manually and without a scan tool you can only try the following:

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

used a hand held computer on it but errors coming up

nabilc :

- remove the battery negative cable for a minute or so (to try and reset the system), be aware that you will need the radio code after. Having tried this, try locking and unlocking using the remote fob. Having tried all these, and if the problem persists, the vehicle woudl require connecting to a diagnostics computer (scan tool), to retrieve the fault codes and figure out what is causing this. And proceed accordingly.

nabilc :

what error codes are you getting using the hand held computer?

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

none

nabilc :

ok.... and where you able to check the immobilizer module using this tool (which hand held computer did you use)?

nabilc :

"were you able" sorry for the mispell...

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

a scan held one

nabilc :

ok....

nabilc :

This needs a lexia tool to check with...as the immobilizer module cannot be accessed using generic tools, in case it is the problem. So check the battery issue (hard reset), and proceed accordingly.

nabilc :

PS: was the tool able to communicate with the vehicle ?

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

yes

nabilc :

the hand held tool.... was it able to communicate with the vehicle (control modules)?

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

yes

nabilc :

ok.... this points away from the central electronics module...so leaves the immobilizer (most likely)...

nabilc :

The only way to proceed now, would be trying a hard reset, and if this does not work, you'll need to hook on to a lexia scan tool, and check the immobilizer system, and pair the keys again if needed.

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

it is asking for code

nabilc :

what is? the radio? or on the instrument cluster?

nabilc :

where do you see it asking for the code?

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

instrument cluster

nabilc :

ok... did you check for the security card near your owner's manual? (although most dealers in the UK do not include this for security purposes)

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

economy mode comes up

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

no card

nabilc :

ECO mode comes up, meaning that the battery was low. A hard reset would cure this, if the battery is good enough. and if not, this would need a dealer's scan tool (lexia) to reset.

nabilc :

PS: the eco mode, if not cured by the hard reset, would only need a few minutes at dealer's to reset... i'm afraid this is the only way.

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

so u cnt

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

sorry so u cant give me a code

nabilc :

Not from where i am.... i have the lexia, and i can do it... but not remotely. You'll need to get to the nearest dealer to reset.

nabilc :

PS: no one will or can give you the code. It is not activated in UK (so it will not work). Additionally, It is illegal.

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

ok does that mean I have paid 27 pound for no fix

nabilc :

I did explain how these systems work. I did offer a second route you can try (hard reset), which is likely to fix your issue. But the code for UK cars does not exist.

nabilc :

I hate to be the one telling the bad news. But being honest with you, i'm saving you a lot of time, money and effort.

nabilc :

Still, if you are not satisfied with the answer, i will report this to customer service.

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

what is a hard reset

nabilc :

removing the battery cable for a minute or so.... making sure when it is off, that it has plenty of juice, if not, recharge and reconnect.

nabilc :

PS: at dealer's they should not charge you more than one labor hour for resetting the immo, and the eco mode.

nabilc :

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

JACUSTOMER-znp8n62z- :

report this to customer service am not happy

nabilc :

as you wish.