Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a mazda 32 F - approx 10 years old. Recently its been

I have a mazda 32 F - approx 10 years old.
Recently its been making unfamiliar sounds.

First - makes a sound - when accelerating from waiting position - as if the engine isn't ready/needs help to move forward - wondered if fan belt has slipped?

Second - when driving and turning the wheel at a slow speed - 40 mph - tyres make a skidding sound - worn treads?

Thirdly - a scraping (cheese grater sound) when travelling/changing gear - exhaust rattiling?

i'm really sorry - my descriptions must be very vague! Can you help?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name isXXXXX happy to help you with these issues..

As you can probably appreciate - "noises" per se, can be very difficult for us for obvious reasons - but from what you describe - the first issue, if it is a belt loose / slipping, then it will usually squeal / screech.... and it can affect performance - but I feel most likely the cause of this will be found on checking the fuel / ign systems - generally such would come under a "service" to the engine at least - where such faults would be picked up...

On your 2nd issue - this is a bit unusual - but if your tyres are excessive worn, it would do this - but the first thing to do then is to visually check the tyre condition for tread depth etc - and renew any bad ones. If though the tyre treads etc are ok - then check and adjust the tyre pressures - most likely thats the issue there in that case..

Re your 3rd issue - this does sound like an exhaust loose yes - or and more likely, the catalytic converter heat shield underneath rattling against the gear change cables.. this is a common issue and is easily fixed by re attaching the cover / heat shield to the underside of the car.

I dont know if you can tackle/ work through these things yourself - if you can or need any more help at all - just ask me.. but if you do need a garage to help - it sounds a lot above but really isn't for a decent garage so it shouldn't cost you much to have those things checked / fixed....

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear XXXXX

Thank you so much for your advice which helped to put my mind at rest.This is an excellent service which I will use again if needed. Thank you for your help.

Caroline