Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Just bought a smart 2004 saab 95 3l tid estate in near mint

Customer Question

Just bought a smart 2004 saab 95 3l tid estate in near mint condition .
Delighted as my 01 plate estate has 183 thou on the clock and is starting to wear out ....the new car is slightly lower spec 105 onthe clock pulls like a train and I want to fit a set of roof rails ....Are they easy enough to fit and where can I best source these as I would rather not take the rails off my old one and leave unsightly holes .
Secondly I would like to swap front seats as my old one has partial leather and the seats are heated ...the newer one has no heated seats and are cloth ..
Thirdly the new car drives with a shudder when accelerating hard and this has been improved by swapping front for rear wheels as it looks as though nearside alloy at front has been "dinged "...where best to purchase a new set of alloys ? Could shudder be from something more serious like drive shafts ?
Is there any point in trying to gas up air con ...my old machine lost air con gas so fast it was hopeless ...the local expert could not find leak.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.