Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

citreon picasso diesal 02 keeps cutting out

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hopefully i can help..

When exactly does this mostly occur? when cold or hot etc and does it start straight back after which?

Any messages warning wise since this occurred?

How many miles does it have? and recent repair and service history?

Any been inspected or replaced so far upto now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cuts out when hot lack of power, surge of diesel. no messages.80,ooomls. yes service history. had filters replaced except tank

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, when hot, lack of power, no waring signs 80,ooomls ,service histoy, filtrs replaced, except tank

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply good that you have changed the fuel filter as very often these can solve a lot of issues in regards to problems like this -however it may have been best to check inside the filter to ensure there was no signs of possible fuel pump regards to small traces of swarf etc that get caught up in the filter..if that's the case a worn low/delivery or high pressure injection pump fault which can only really be checked the high pressure pump anyway using the diagnostic method to measure fuel pressures especially on the HDI fuel systems due the high pressures involved is concerned..another could be the ECT sensor running out of parameters as this senses the engine temp according to how much fuel is required on cold and hot starting which the ecu calculates - other areas could be bad or one of the injectors at fault not holding pressure.sadly the next stage would have to involve a specialist with the correct equipment to measure the fuel pressures/live data so to speak,if everything else has been ruled out by your garage to see if this is a fuel delivery or pressure issue the HP pump going or an injector fault..this is all based on the fact the no petrol has been put in the system on a previous occasion by mistake..i do hope this helps..