Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

traction control light comes on both the rev counter and

Customer Question

traction control light comes on both the rev counter and speedometer drop when this happens
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

This is not such a bad problem once you have had the system hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool to check for what ever has malfunctioned .

When a sensor fails on this land rover then this will in most cases (depending on the sensor) trip on the traction control light and some times the check engine light .

I must stress that you need to find a shop or dealer that has the needed scan tool to check for all system codes , which can mean a scan tool that is capable to read the complete system where most generic tools can only collect engine and transmission codes ..

You may only have a problem with the VSS vehicle speed sensor or even a wheel speed sensor ,but this you will know when the correct scan tool is used ..

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg