Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Ive just had a new radiator fixed due to leakage, after that

Customer Question

I've just had a new radiator fixed due to leakage, after that ive now had a flood of water loss and a car that has broken down on ouw wedding day, and im concerned!!!! was the person who fixed it at fault? is it pssible that a new radiator could make something blow???
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 4 years ago.

techmachine :

Hi, welcome to Just answer! My name is Ross and i will help with your question

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened on your wedding day, hopefully i can help get to the bottom of what has happened.

Its quite possible this is a coincidence that something else has failed after the radiator was replaced, but its also quite likely related to the repair of the radiator. There are several possibilities, the most likely would be that the mechanic has pushed the coolant pipe on the radiator but forgot to fit or tighten the clamp. The cooling system works under pressure as it heats up, if the clip was left loose it will eventually pop off and all the coolant will flood out, another possibility is an air lock in the system that has caused it to overheat and the safety blow off cap has release the pressure, however this usually lets of steam.

As the car has been handed over to the garage, its best to wait to see what they have found and if they have made a mistake which caused this to happen they will probably do their best to hide it but if you let me know what they say, i can help get to the bottom of what caused it (regardless of what the garage may tell you)