Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

suziki varita r reg rear passenger window not opening

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..I see your question is a little you still require assistance?

If the rear window electric or mechanical operated?

What if anything upto now has already been inspected?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi to your questions, the windows are all electric operated, three work, the forth on left rear passengers side no longer opens or closes by electric.both cables switches when changed around their positions in centre box area rear,the right side rear window works in either position for right side up/down only. but not left side even on the door operation button. It did work, but not now.What do you mean by if anything up to now has already been inspected? only what i am telling i looked at fuses in fuse box okay.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Robert, did you get my last answers to your questions.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there yes..

Assuming you haven't checked so far maybe try checking check the wires though that go from the body through to the door itself...Sometimes you can get chaffed - broken wires there.. Peel open the tubing to test/check etc certainly worth ruling out if there is no power getting to the door window motor - and check just inside the door where the wiring loom comes through - again the same as above... If a wire to the system is breaking up - you will get the hit / miss working of the per as you say it did work but now givin up..also you have to get that door panel off and access the plug to the motor and the motor itself,and test to see if power with the use of a 12v tester / meter to se if power is reaching the motor when the switch is operated each time in each direction..