Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

i have 2.2ve a 2001 renault espace diesel i have just had my

Customer Question

i have 2.2ve a 2001 renault espace diesel i have just had my clutch replaced but there doesnt seem much clearence now,will i have to bleed it in anyway,if so could you give me instructions only i don't have a manual
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

markthebooler :

If it is needing bled then this is best done by two people and if possible the vehicle raised on a ramp.

markthebooler :

You will require a suitable size spanner for the nipple, a length of small diameter hose to fit over the nipple and a glass jar/bottle with some brake fluid in it so that the end of the hose can be fully submerged in it.

markthebooler :

You then open the nipple and have someone pump the clutch pedal slowly full travel. When you don't see any air bubbles then have the pedal fully pressed down and held and then tighten the nipple. You should also make sure the reservoir has enough fluid in it before you start and if there is still air coming out after 5 pumps of the pedal have the reservoir topped up before continuing.