Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

After service why should warning say service needed

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hopefully i can help..

Just to clarify - Is this the oil life service interval your trying to reset or the symbol with car an horizontal spanner inside it / service engine soon warning?

Since that warning came up did you get any error code on the display - usually a two digit code? or press your set/clr button to confirm a message.?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Symbol with car horizontal spanner
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

Ok..thats generally not a service light - the symbol in question is a engine system light/warning..basically means the cars ecu has pretty much detected a fault in regards to the engine control/management side - usually mostly a sensor/wiring etc and such like..the warning does cover a huge multitude of different its can be kind of difficult to say for sure what you need to inspect here,unless there is some idea of a code that come up on the DIC drivers information screen usually sometimes a 2 digit code as above -so in all situations such as you have the best idea would or advice really is to have the hooked up to a suitable diagnostic machine or tech2 diagnostic machine and see exactly what stored fault codes there are..only then once you have those then can you really progress any further in regards to checks/replacement as above maybe have your garage do that next and see whats found..I do hope this helps further..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Good information thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

No problem at glad to help..However if you need to ask anything else or advice even in future then you know where I am...Also if you could take the time to consider & rate the answer above that would be most appreciated as of luck Robert