Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Radio Display Problem (Philips Dc 349/60) I have just bought

Customer Question

Radio Display Problem (Philips Dc 349/60)

I have just bought a mini cooper 1998 and it still has all original equipment on it and is in good nick. However the display on the radio seems to have power going to it, but the display panel doesn't illuminate any numbers or the word 'code' is not visible when it's turned on. Could someone offer me a solution? many thanks.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know Thank and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. I'm happy to wait a few more days for you to provide a solution. Thank you. Paul
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I decided to hold the LD key down when I turned the power on and the word code appeared. However, the keys 1, 2 and 3 don't illuminate (the 4, 5 and 6 do) so I'm not sure if they are working correctly and hence I cannot enter the code number. Could this be a problem with either the 5 amp fuse at the back of the radio or a problem with the other connections at the back of the radio?

Thank you for getting back to me and providing additional information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question. I am also a warranty inspector for extended warranty companies. I have inspected this issue with these vehicles many times and the issue is the circuit board inside of the radio. Unfortantly this is not repairable and requires replacement of the radio. Sometimes pulling the fuse in the back of the radio will make it work for a little while but it will go back they way it was in time.