Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

hi there, I have a Volkswagon MWB van 1998. At the weekend

Customer Question

hi there, I have a Volkswagon MWB van 1998. At the weekend I managed to snap the key off in the ignition. There is enough of the key left to turn the ignition and I got the can going. 24 hours later and the van will not turnover/start. All lights come on the dash, but no sound from the engine. I have attached the battery to the mains and charged it up (showing 14v) but this hasn;t solved the problem. Any ideas? Thanks, Alex

P.s. the engine turns over and starts when connected to the mains and the vehicle is then working, but not without. 

P.s.s. It is a Volkswagen LT35 2.5TDI MWB 1997!!

Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

Mark :

Hello.

Mark :

What are you using to turn the ignition lock?

JACUSTOMER-xqnn7hvz- :

the rest of the key

JACUSTOMER-xqnn7hvz- :

but Mark, I bought a new battery and - fingers crossed - everything is working fine. Thanks for answering mate

Mark :

Hope it goes well for you.