Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

Hi Ive got a land rover Disco 1, (1996) yes I know, its a

Customer Question

Hi I've got a land rover Disco 1, (1996) yes I know, its a dog carrier, it dumped me at Calais on Sunday. key fob not shunting the central locking. Got a new battery for the lucas type key fob. Tried the EKA code, door lock system. nothing. It started and i put it on to the ferry where it sat for 1.1/2 hours. and wouldn't start, I left it unlocked. If I open the drivers door with the key the indicators flash for 2 minutes. Key into the ignition, little red car appears flashing and the engine won't turn over. The original key fob has a new 2032 battery. Got the vehicle home on a tow truck. Is there any way to get rid of the immobilisher, the vehicle is only worth about £750-£800.Frustated of Maidstone Thanks Nigel.

PS I don't know how t started in the Calais car park but I drove it to the ferry.

Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

Mark :

Hello. The immobiliser can be removed but you need to send away the ecu to a specialist to reprogram it and disable it.

Mark :

What you should do first is try 1515 as the EKA code to see if that lets the engine start.