Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, Ive just bought a Mini Cooper S 09 and when I came

Customer Question

I've just bought a Mini Cooper S '09 and when I came home tonight after a short drive, I noticed a quite strong smell of 'burning plastic' coming from under the bonnet. I had a look underneath the bonnet but there was no smoke or anything obvious that it could be. The smell seemed to be stronger on the passenger side of the engine.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Did any warning lights come on?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Mike,
No warming lights came on.
Cheers
Honestly what this issue sounds like is some kind of plastic on the road may have stuck to the exhaust manifold and is burning off. If it were something with the engine it would be obvious when looking under the hood. There is nothing on the side that you are describing that would cause this issue.