Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

What does dtc p2263 mean and what causes it. Turbo replaced

Customer Question

What does dtc p2263 mean and what causes it. Turbo replaced and doesn't smoke as much but still comes up with the code. Turbo solenoid valve??
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Code P2263 means the Turbo boost system failure ,
Caould be the position sensor on the turbo or your turbo needs O/H when this turbo has too much carbon build up it will set off this code ,and this is most likely your issue ,so have the turbo checked and cleaned out and conditioned.

Have the vacuum hoses checked and a decarb on the EGR system if not already done
this is the biggest issue with this car ..check all vacuum hose to the solenoids on top or on the side of the engine

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not really much help. Done all of the above and replaced the turbo as it was defective, smoking like a trooper!! Vehicle doesn't smoke like before but still just a little on full boost. If the light is still coming on could it not be the turbo solenoid valve or egr solenoid or both?
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mark .

I will opt out and see if another expert can help you with this issue .

Thanks and please do not reply as this will lock out the next expert from helping you .

Rgds Greg
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
If the code is still returning after the turbo has been replaced then the likely cause of this issue is the EGR valve. Most of the time after the turbo has failed damage has occurred to the EGR that cleaning won't help. Replacing the EGR should solve this issue.