Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

i have a renault espace 2001 could someone tell me where the

Customer Question

i have a renault espace 2001 could someone tell me where the speed sensor is located,and also could you tell me why my vehicle has a flat spot moving off from junctions,the turbo does eventually come in
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

What engine size do you have here?

Can you explain a little further as to what problem your having in regards XXXXX XXXXX?

Expert:  Christine-cssm replied 4 years ago.

"We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.

The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the engine size is 2.2 the speedo sensor was disturbed and now it doesn't show a true reading it fluctuates between 3 to 4 mph either way when setting off and on the move,before it would register a true reading,30 in a 30 zone.i haven' a manual so i dont know where the sensor is situated.

thanks

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

There will be two locations usually the car may get its speedo reading from..the first type will have black sensor located into the differential housing of the gearbox..this is the part of the gearbox both your drive shafts connect into..the sensor is a long black cylindrical sensor located nearest the passenger side drive shaft on the diff casing over the top..so it would be worth checking in and around there for that you will see a connector fitted over the top of it..the other type if a sensor isn't located in the gearbox then your cars speedo reading will be calculated/info sent through from the abs system via the wheel speed sensors..I do hope this helps