Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My grandson left his Volkswagen Golf with me here in Aberdeenshire

Customer Question

My grandson left his Volkswagen Golf with me here in Aberdeenshire about a year ago prior to going abroad for further studies. He has recently returned to London but I find that his car, although given a thorough service in January this year, will not start despite the use of jump leads. I also noticed that despite frequent starts during the winter months the car battery (said to be new) kept going absolutely flat despite the use of jump leads. This to me would indicate an electrical fault and I would therefore very much appreciate your help or, possibly, recommend a local Auto Electrician to have a look at it and if possible repair. Having no documents I can't take it to a garage.
With kind regards. Hector Mackenzie
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Hector,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Shantal

Yes I am ok to wait a little longer.

Hector

Hello Hector,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Ok just to start with the basics,even though the battery is supposed to be new has it been tested?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

I have in fact arranged for an auto electrician to check the car on Thursday this week and I shall let you know the result,

on Friday hopefully.

Hector

Ok sounds good. From the description of the issue that you are having the battery has failed and needs to be replaced,let me know. Thank you.