Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a vauxhall vivaro CDTI van 1995cc 2007 which throws

Customer Question

I have a vauxhall vivaro CDTI van 1995cc 2007 which throws fuel over the top of the engine from the spill rail. a new spill rail hasn't stopped it. The spill rail has a pressure valve in it & removing it causes it to loose power but dosn't stop it leaking. Any ideas.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Shantal, I don't mind waiting a few days. What happens if you can't find an answer? do you refund my deposit? Your site will not accept my email address which is [email protected]

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If we are unable to assist you and would like to close your question, we will reverse your charges.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Does this happen all the time does it matter if the engine is hot or cold?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike,
It happens all the time,whether hot or cold.It leaks from the O rings on the spill rail.I put a new rail on with new rings, it still leaked. I changed the spring in the pressure reg/ non return valve out of the old rail (I put a lighter spring in) & fitted that.( Why is there such a high pressure in the spill rail?) It didn't leak anywhere near as bad but it lost power & kept cutting out & it still leaked.I now have the new rail with the pressure valve in it but it leaks like a tap. the power is much better though.

The excessive pressure has to be coming from a electrically failing fuel pump in the fuel tank that is over pressurizing the system. What I would suggest as a first step is to have the pump monitored that is in the tank. This is really the only way this can happen.