Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

both lights are on for the 4wd on tata 4x4 pick up any clues

Customer Question

both lights are on for the 4wd on tata 4x4 pick up
any clues where to look next
change the motor that swiches the drive from 2h/4h/4l etc
check fuses wiring and multi plugs dont know what next also this happen after a gearbox change gear box came out of an idetical tata pick up and i knew it was good as it was one i had been driving myself
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes don't mind waiting

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
You have changed the encoder motor on the transfer case?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yea I have change it
Arran
Ok from the description of the issue since the motor has been changed and the fact that the gearbox has just been changed. This is the ECU that is causing the problem. The ECU is not communicating with the transfer case and gear box this is common after a gearbox swap. The ECU is not bad however it needs to be reset or programmed and this is done with a dealer scan tool or equivalent. This will solve the issue at hand.