Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

got a 1982 rover sd and noticed when it rains the drivers glove

Customer Question

got a 1982 rover sd and noticed when it rains the drivers glove box fills up with water would it be the windscreen rubber needs sealing
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.

Hopefully I can help..

That's was a fair common issue on the SD1 after heavy rain etc and was 9 times out 10 due to windscreen seal/bonding - over time age it will eventually breakdown or ice and water getting in etc or any rust forming around there the windscreen leads to water leaks during rain, filling the gloveboxes up with water..so certainly check that..you can of course do a hose pipe test.and work your way up from the bottom of the windscreen whilst somebody else observes inside and slowly work your way up the edge of the screen until such time the water is noticed coming in then you'll know for sure thats the fault..sometimes going round the screen edges/seams to body with clear sillicone sealant might be one option to try..I do hope this helps