Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician

is there any radiator sealant which could help seal EGR ra

Customer Question

is there any radiator sealant which could help seal EGR rail
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 3 years ago.

techmachine :

Hi my name is Ross, I'm a car technician and I’ll help with your question.

techmachine :

What make/model of vehicle is this for? And can you explain the problem with the EGR so i can try to find the best solution, thanks, Ross.

JACUSTOMER-nmgigypw- :

man truck 26 440 using coolant from egr rail

techmachine :

Ok, You should be able to use any radiator sealing liquid, its always a bit hit and miss whether it works as its designed to be a temporary repair - Rad weld/K-Seal works well and due to the high heat of the EGR system it should work effectively There is a head gasket repair liquid you can get which finds its way into any holes and fills them this should work well on the EGR due to the heat in the area, its designed to be a permanent repair and i have known it to work well, this might be a better option as its longer lasting but it's not cheap (around £40 per bottle) its called Steel seal and is available in most auto factors and online.