Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 1993 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit which has just started

Customer Question

I have a 1993 Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit which has just started to refused advancing the "hundreds" wheel on it's mechanical odometer (ie the "tens" and "units" wheels are functioning correctly). Is it possible to get the hundreds wheel freed and working again? I think that the wheel has been jammed on only three or four cycles, so is the damage to the workings likely to be minimal?

Can the odometer be freed, lubricated, and be expected to resume working as normal?
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

they can just jam up due to dust so its possible a clean off and lubricate will do the trick

however if its needs repair then I can reccommend this firm:

http://www.speedycables.com/