Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

how do I turn of the engine management light without going

Customer Question

how do I turn of the engine management light without going to audi //95 a hour
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there..

Error codes and faults codes as such on these cars can only be erased using the diagnostic equipment which you may have already gathered - however this doesn't mean you need to go straight to more expensive "Audi Main dealers" to have this done - most local indepedant garages or mobile mechanics depending how well equipped they are - will have or should upto date machines that are suitably capable of doing exactly the same procedure at a fraction of the cost.depending how helpful they are you'd probably pay very little as its less than a 10min job at the most - the car test driven to ensure it stays out provided the problem has been fixed - if you know of good independent Audi / Vag specialist locally they will have the equipment.. you could try looking for one locally here http://www.goodgaragescheme.com/ - there isn't really any other way unfortunately as above is about the best way forward and avoid the dealer..you could try leaving the battery earth terminal off for 30mins "make sure you have radio codes as such" and then reconnect and see if that resets it..Sometimes works/other times not - if not then the next route is going to have to be above..I do hope this helps