Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

2004 2 litre td suzuki grand vitara abs warning light stays

Customer Question

2004 2 litre td suzuki grand vitara abs warning light stays on and humming noise was coming from unit inside drivers inner wing noise would not stop when ignition key was taken out noise stop when unit was tapped with hammer but light still stays on
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hopefully I can help..

The unit in question is the the abs hydraulic/control module..this sends the brake fluid to each wheel..Its quite possible given what you have said as per tapping the unit to switch it off its faulty internally - its made up solenoid valves/check valves/pump motor and are controlled by the abs control module in which you see the large plug connector fit too on that it possible the unit itself has become faulty internally or the control side of it and will need replaced..but its best to have it confirmed first via diagnostically seeing the abs warning light is on..this will have stored fault codes and will verify if that the case..maybe disconnect that plug connector and ensure first it hasn't suffered from corrosion etc or water ingress problems that maybe effecting things..I do hope this helps..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you we will be taken it to are local garage

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

No problem..Please remember to rate my assistance..always much appreciated..If you need to ask anything else then you know where I am..