Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

engine wont start after being rebuild i think it is a fuel

Customer Question

engine wont start after being rebuild i think it is a fuel problem pump and injectors seem to be ok
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

When trying to start the engine use easy start spray when trying to start .if she starts then you do have a fuel issue .

In some cases this is needed to start the engine to get the fuel system going , what i do if i'm sure all is correctly hooked up and fuel is getting past the fuel filter i will tow start .

Like said, make sure fuel is getting to the injectors , prime the fuel filter .crank the engine over, with one of the injector connections lose and tighten up once the fuel starts to come out at the injectors, do this with the other 3 injectors ,try and start if does not start try easy start spray or tow start .

Need further assistance then please get back to me .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I Had Already done all the above no go what else can i try

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi John

Will not start with easystarter fluid and towing .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No nothing working I have to go away 2 morrow i will get back to you asap

to see what can be done its a time difference thing i'm in ireland so take s time to get your answers

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi John

I'm on the other side US, so a 5 hr difference .

Do a compression test ,if will not start with start helper or tow start then the timing is out
or the valves are not closing .

Greg