Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

clio 1.2 8v 06 reg. not opening or closing with the key fob.

Customer Question

clio 1.2 8v 06 reg. not opening or closing with the key fob. does not turn over with the key. will turn when the starter is shorted out. only some of the electrics are working ie lights work but the wipers dont.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 4 years ago.

Mark :

Hello.

Mark :

This sounds like you have a fault with the chip inside the key not being recognised by the immobiliser system.

Mark :

If this is the fault then you would need a dealership or other specialist to reset the system.

JACUSTOMER-wtjqoaie- :

Hi am waiting on the second key coming to try that. But there is also no power to the DLC which makes me think its a power problem. All the big fuses seem fine and cant see any problem in the fuse box in the engine bay.

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi I have asked the question again but it looks like you cant help with this. Regards Derek

Hello Derek,

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,

Hello Derek,

Once again I apologize for not being able to find a Professional to assist you. Please let me know if you would like me to continue the search or if you would prefer me to close your question.