Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Leaky injector pump from engine side and below horizontal gasket

Customer Question

Leaky injector pump from engine side and below horizontal gasket join, have taken it off. Anything I can do myself eg 'o' ring change and find replacement seal for drive shaft . Car is Mitsubishi Pajero 2.5 from 1992 ?? I have time more than money... Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Are you sure that the leak is coming from the gasket?These pumps are known to leak.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No the leak is below the gasket and it seems that there are only a couple of other possibilities one of which is an electrical sensor sealed with an 'o' ring. While I have the pump out it would be good to change the seal on the drive shaft..where can I get one? Thanks Mike
Let me see if I can get this information for you and get back to you shortly,thank you.
Here is a link to the part that you need. Thank you. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISHI-PAJERO-2-8-4M40-GENUINE-DIESEL-INJECTOR-PUMP-FRONT-SEAL-/261303724732
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear Mike, by the time I got a reply I have found and ordered a part from a different supplier. The engine I need the part for is a 2.5 4 D56 not the 2.8 4M40 you suggest . Also the question I want expert advice on as to possible source of leak has not been addressed yet so I'm not exactly chuffed by the service so far Maybe we give up now and I'll go to a local garage and ask around. Thanks anyway Bob
Ok. I'm sorry I could not have been more help on this issue. Thank you.