Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi am an owner of a 2002 mercedes A160 my question is i have

Customer Question

hi am an owner of a 2002 mercedes A160 my question is i have a bit of play on steering wheel what could the problem or problems be at approx what cost, also is it an mot failier thanks jackie
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

From what you are describing this issue is consistent with worn and loose control arm bushings which is very common over time on these vehicles.The bushings are not serviceable meaning that the control arms are replaced.This is not a major repair however it is costly depending on where the repairs are made.The labor would be about 1 hour per control arm and the control arms are about 100 each.The first step is to have the vehicle checked out and see what control arms are needed.