Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi I drive an 05 LAguna, when the car is idle the stereo

Customer Question

I drive an 05 LAguna, when the car is idle the stereo says mute and also as Im driving it keeps muting every 10-15 seconds, I cant fins a way to stop this would you have any idea what is causing this? There is also a car phone kit fitted but not in use

Alan
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello Alan,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi shantal

Yes I can wait thanks for your help

Alan

Hello Alan,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Is this a stock radio or aftermarket?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike its a stock radio!

Alan

Ok I am also a warranty inspector and I have inspected this issue before,the issue that you are having is consistent with the internal sound board starting to short out and electrically fail and this results in the issue that you are having. This part of the radio is not repairable and requires replacement of the radio.