Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi I have an Peugeot expert van and the gear lever cable has

Customer Question

Hi I have an Peugeot expert van and the gear lever cable has come away from the gear stick. The top has broken off completely so these no way i can just push it back on. I managed to tie a cable tie around it to force into first so i could slowly limp home. but now I need to fix it. Is this a full on mechanic jos as the whole cable needs to be replaced or can i simply get the plastic head part and replace it.
Any help welcome as its saturday and i need my van for work monday?
Nik
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
The entire cable has to be replaced as the part that broke free is not sold seperate from the cable assembly. The cable runs through all the way to the gearbox and is not a very easy job,yes this would be a job for a garage or a mobile mechanic.