Rob
Rob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years trade experience
16305601

i have a fiat multipla jtd dynamic plus it is a 2005 a warning

Customer Question

i have a fiat multipla jtd dynamic plus it is a 2005 a warning comes up on dash "ENG CTRL FAULTY " the yellow engine management light is on , it does not seem to effect performance
Category: Car
Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome to just answer.

As the performance has not been affected then I would carry on using the vehicle and get a diagnostics done at you convenience.

You will probably find it is something menial has triggered this light and just needs the fault code read and then deleted to eliminate the warning light.

regards rob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi but what does "eng ctrl faulty " mean

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

Hi Stephen.

engine control can be triggered by any sensor on the engine that is reading either exhaust gases or function that is outside its parameters .

I find that 9 out of 10 times I reset the fault with a scanner for it not to come back again.

regards rob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for your quick and reasuring reply and i will take your advice

Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.

Hi Stephen.

your very welcome.

regards rob