Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

SEAT TOLEDO 1.9TDI WILL NOT START AS GLOWPLUG LIGHT DOES NOT

Customer Question

SEAT TOLEDO 1.9TDI WILL NOT START AS GLOWPLUG LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON. JUST SUDDENLY HAPPENED. HAVE FITTED NEW GLOWPLUGS AND CHECKED ALL CONNECTIONS BUT GLOWPLUG LIGHT WILL NOT COME ON BUT ENGINE TURNS OVER BUT NOT FIRE UP. GETTING FUEL TO INJECTORS BUT NOT START. ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

With the glow plug light not coming on and the glow plugs have been eliminated this issue is a communication problem from the ecu to the vehicle this is where the light gets the signal to turn on.If the ecu does not send the signal to turn on the light the vehicle will not start.The ecu is going to need to be tested as this is where the problem is.