Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My reliant robin ignition , switches and dashboard lights all

Customer Question

My reliant robin ignition , switches and dashboard lights all becme live when I connect the battery. Also when I try to start the car, it will start but seems to misfire for a short while befor conking out.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

sounds like there's a short with the ignition switch as the dash should all be quiet until the ignition is turned on

So I'd start by inpsecting all the wireing up to the ignition switch - checking for damage and corroded joints
Expert:  Matt replied 4 years ago.

do you still need help with this?