Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hi just replaced the camshaft on a 06 plate seat Leon pd diesel

Customer Question

Hi just replaced the camshaft on a 06 plate seat Leon pd diesel and will no longer start, I have checked everything and it appears to be a fuel issue as it will run on easy start, please can you help?How about an answer or get that £21 back in my account !!!!!!!! :(
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

if the cam timing is out then then engine won't start either as it'll have low compression on a couple of cylinders and the cam position sensor will be way out

So I'd suggest the 1st thing to try is measuring compression pressures on all 4 cylinders - if you have a couple of low ones then check the cam timing again
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

do you still need help with this?