Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a c4 1.6vtr+(2007) where the computer flags there is

Customer Question

I have a c4 1.6vtr+(2007) where the computer flags there is a depollution system fault. this message & mil stays lit for anything from half a day to 3 days at a time. I have a gendan fault reader which tells me the camshaft sensor is faulty code p0341 range/performance. the car does not go to limp mode . consumption ranges 36-38mpg under all conditions. If this is correct where can I locate said sensor as I am having trouble locating the sensor with the top cover removed. your help/advice is most welcome.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
The code that you are getting is in fact a electrical failure of the camshaft position sensor which is very common. The sensor needs to be replaced to correct this issue. The sensor is mounted in the cylinder head and has 1 bolt and one electrical connecter