Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi I have a bmw 1996 318tdi I have undone the and electrics

Customer Question

Hi I have a bmw 1996 318tdi I have undone the nuts and electrics onthe starter motor but cant seem to get it out is there a way of getting it outis there a certain way you have to do it thankyou
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
Is the starter getting hung in the bell housing are on the fuel lines?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi mike yea it seemslike certain angles I need a bit more inch andhalf not sure the engine mount seems to be in the way if you're puling it back and if you tryan other wayits those pipes or that square box thing that is onthe right handside of oil filter I hope am saying it right thankyou

Ok nothing has to be removed to get it out it's just a pain. The fuel lines can be pushed some to give you the additional clearance.