Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hi, im currently driving a 2002 1.9 berlingo non turbo. I

Customer Question

hi,
im currently driving a 2002 1.9 berlingo non turbo. I tried to start it today and saw no glow plug light coming on. I cranked the engine turns over fine but will not fire up. I checked and there is power going to the glow plugs and the relay is clicking. iv checked all fuses and they are fine. also the mileage screen is blank all that's coming on is the battery,oil and airbag lights. even when the headlights are turned on the dash doesn't light. the wipers are not working the indicators are but no ticking noise and no green arrows on the dash. really has me guessing so any help to the solution to this problem would be much appreciated. thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.

I'd start by unplugging and inspecting the main power relays and fuses for signs of overheating or corroded terminals - so the ones for the ECU and the fuel pump

Also worth checking the connections to the fuel pump for the same reason - unplug each in turn and give them a good squirt of switch / contact cleaner - Not WD40