Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have 2004. Sc430 Lexus how do I dissarming tyre warning light

Customer Question

I have 2004. Sc430 Lexus how do I dissarming tyre warning light and warning chimes
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The tire warning light comes from the tire pressure sensors which gets its signal from the ECU,the light can not be disarmed because of this.The instrument cluster can be taken out and the bulb for the light can be removed which will make the light not come on anymore however the warning chime will still happen.There are 4 sensors one for each wheel and if the warning continues to go off with the correct air pressure than one of the sensors are failing and is going to need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how is this done a d where can i purchase them

The vehicle would first need to be scanned with a scan tool to determine which sensor is causing the issue and then the sensors can be purchased from the dealers parts department.