dansgarage1
dansgarage1, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  I have a gnvq level 3 in light vehicle maintance and repair and also a diploma
74699650

I have a 740 I v8 bmw 4.4and would like to know what to do

Customer Question

I have a 740 I v8 bmw 4.4and would like to know what to do about faulty computer display in the dash board panel...letters and numbers are broken and un readable it is also faded at one end..of the display
Category: Car
Expert:  dansgarage1 replied 3 years ago.

I am Dan

Many Thanks for your question

I have seen a couple of this model with this fault

The only way to fix it is to buy a second hand instrument panel you can have a go at getting some quotes from 247 spares and find a part if you use google you will find them, if they have a part available your looking at around £70.00 its fairly easy to replace and the part should come with a couple of months warranty too.

Now when you or somebody else does replace the part your instrument panel has a chip in the back a bit like a sim card now you can remove this and place it into your new part and all of the data will transfer over mileage e.t.c

I hope this helps and its certainly fixable

If I can provide any more help please let me know

Many Thanks

Dan