Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

09 audi a4, car shuddering when idle, slight smoke coming from

Customer Question

09 audi a4, car shuddering when idle, slight smoke coming from exhaust and bit sluggish, would appreciate help please
David
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Name is Greg, My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi David .colour of smoke and is the check engine light "ON" when the engine is running .

Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The colour of the smoke is an off white , a neighbour thinks it may be points, as I have checked all oil and h2o levels which are fine, as for engine on light I'm not sure as to what I'm looking for, there are no warning light visible once the car has started- which is sluggish to start and shuddering when idle
Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
David this is a diesel engine correct , as it states Tdi above .

Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes 09 2.0 tdi 120 bhp

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
Okay good this has nothing to do with the points as your neighbour thinks.

Now the gray smoke, is this only on start up, or all the time , will the smoke clear up once the engine is hot and then run good at idle .

Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Smoke is off white, when car is warmed up it's still shuddering when idle ie.at traffic lights etc.and sluggish on take off

Expert:  Greg replied 4 years ago.
David have you notive a drop in coolant level at all as off white is burning coolant .

check the coolant level and let me know.

Greg