Shantal-Mod
Shantal-Mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73554018

Citroen C5 VTR PLUS HDI 4dr 2008 Diesel, one front and one

Customer Question

Citroen C5 VTR PLUS HDI 4dr 2008 Diesel, one front and one back Sphere recently replaced. The garage did not put in fluid - said it shouldn't need - I have put in 2l - the car was and still is very spongy, the rear sphere sounds upon rocking the car a dry sound. Does it need more fluid and does it need re-pressurised? if re-pressure is needed how can i do it or does it need to go back to Citroen? The spheres cost a fortune and the car still doesn't feel right.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello. The system should be self bleeding and pressurise when the engine is running.

Mark :

If the car feels spongy then one of the new spheres could be faulty or hasn't been fitted correctly.

Mark :

I would advise you take it back to citroen for them to have a second look at it. You could also let them hear the sound that concerns you by demonstrating it to them by rocking the car.

JACUSTOMER-en6gp5fh- :

Hi, what about the fluid?

JACUSTOMER-en6gp5fh- :

Hi, thank you, what about the fluid?

Mark :

The fluid should have been checked / topped up after the job was done and after having started the engine.

JACUSTOMER-en6gp5fh- :

The garage didn't top it up as they didn't have any fluid - by replacing two spheres - what would normally be needed to top it up? there doesn't appear to be any level indicator I can find - Citroen in Aberdeen are not a good garage, but I have no option in it. Is it possible another sphere is faulty?

JACUSTOMER-en6gp5fh- :

I raed poor because th

JACUSTOMER-en6gp5fh- :

I rated poor as I sent follow up questions that were not acknowledged.

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?